Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Valve cover

Recently joined my pals to do some D.I.Y jobs ... here they are:

Tearing the old paint using paint remover 


Use the scrapper just for those stubborn paints only, not all surface! 
 And did on mine also laa ...


  Can see the paint damaged on it's own, so no need to scratch actually.
Tools used: soft rug/clean cloth, used tooth brush and scrapper.
 After 20-30 minutes, clean up with running water and here how it looks: 
 Some sanding done to smooth the surface (use fine grid that you feel suitable)
 Ok, before performing the spray paint. Close all holes and gaps with anything you can think of. Me, I just use plain multi-purpose 'old news papers'.

Here are the best part, using special ingredient magic portion ... spray this to the valve cover ...
 Another angle
 Wait for 3-4 hours under direct sunlight or if you have room oven even better. This is to secure and lock the powder coated paint onto your valve cover.

Then choose the weapon you like, me, I choose violet blue.


Notice the difference?

left: B16B valve cover and right: F20B valve cover. Same color but different layers of paint. 
































An yeah, I know I didn't skim the DOHC VTEC writing yet. Coz it's still not fully lock to the valve cover even you can feel it dries.






That's all folks, it took me 8 hours and only cost around RM100 to do it yourself.

Can find more articles on "How Do They Do it?"

2 comments:

  1. i want to purchase this honda accord its my dream car nice colour rims tires attractive car.

    best 16, 24 26 inch rims

    ReplyDelete